We are looking for a copywriter/content marketing officer to join our new blog team either as an experienced member or as a graduate trainee. The ideal candidates will have a good knowledge of blogging, content management, social media marketing, website management, SEO and ability to create engaging and compelling blog posts for a variety of audiences. It is essential that the candidate has good experience of blogging and social media management.
NaijaGoDigital.com is a free go-to startup blog for compelling reviews, articles, guides, tips and tricks on Digital Marketing, Online Business, Social Media, Photography, Web Technology, Search Engine Optimization, and more. Our main goal is to provide quality, easily-understood and actionable contents to Nigerians and rest of the world.
About the Role
This is a very interesting role for a digital marketing and blogging enthusiast with good interpersonal skills. You will be working alongside several blog authors, managing their workloads, and you will be the main contact person for the blog. You will also be responsible for creating unique and engaging contents that address issues faced by Nigerian businesses in relation to the niches that the blog covers. You will be responsible for developing the blog further and implementing digital marketing strategies across several channels. In fact, you will be the face of the blog outwardly, interviewing Nigerian entrepreneurs (both at home and in diaspora), successful online businesses, and celebrities.
- Copywriting and content writing experience with the ability to create blog posts, social media posts, advertising copy, email newsletters, articles, website reviews, press releases, as well as preparing interview questions
- Assist with the planning and implementing of digital marketing strategies that can help to drive traffic and increase engagement on the blog
- Defining social media strategies and content marketing schedule plans for the blog
- Managing social media accounts and promoting engagement with our social media followers
- Good understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Keywords
- Stakeholders, sponsors, partners and portfolio management is desirable, but not essential
- Previous experience using WordPress CMS is desirable, but not essential
- Degree or Qualifications in English Literature, Mass Communication, Journalism or Creative Writing
- Excellent team player with a passion for blogging and digital marketing
- Good knowledge of Nigerian online businesses, start-ups, showbiz, social media channels and business management
- Excellent verbal and written communication with infectious interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle pressure whilst working to deadlines
- Good customer services, time management, organisational and research skills
Remuneration: Salary (circa ₦40,000) + commission; 37.5 hours per week. There will be an opportunity to work from home at some point.
If your experience matches the description above, click ‘Apply Now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV for immediate consideration. Please include an example of contents you have written previously, in order to be shortlisted.