Table of Contents
- 7 Tips To Using Brand Storytelling In Nigeria
- 1. Your brand’s voice should be cohesive
- 2. Craft your origin story
- 3. Place your customers at the centre
- 4. Create brand stories with a specific audience in mind
- 5. Tell stories in multiple formats
- 6. Create more keyword-rich evergreen content than time-specific content
- 7. Let them see behind the scenes
Brand Storytelling is simply the use of real and psychological (emotional) stories of an organization to promote growth. Using this type of content marketing helps appeals to the empathetic side of an audience.
7 Tips To Using Brand Storytelling In Nigeria
- Your brand’s voice should be cohesive
- Craft Your Origin Story
- Place your customers at the centre
- Create brand stories with a specific audience in mind
- Tell stories in multiple formats
- Create more keyword-rich evergreen content than time-specific content
- Let Them See Behind The Scenes
1. Your brand’s voice should be cohesive
Brand’s voice simply means the approach, tone and style your company uses in communicating to the world. Your brand’s voice should portray what your brand represents, and it should be consistent.
The need to define the voice you want can’t be overemphasized. Meet with your writers/PR team to agree on how you want your brand’s voice to be.
2. Craft your origin story
Crafting an origin story makes clients identify more with your brand. It helps in making them understand you the more, where you are coming from, all the struggles you have gone through, what you aim to achieve and the likes. It also motivates clients towards achieving what they want.
3. Place your customers at the centre
Connecting with your customers, or potential customers are the reason you do everything you do. You have to speak their language through all your communication channels effortlessly. Tell stories on how your brand relates to them. Don’t always try to sell to them, empathy goes a long way- this is the basis of brand storytelling. Let your customers be the primary subject in your decisions.
4. Create brand stories with a specific audience in mind
Let your audience be precise and create stories around them. This makes your content relevant and understandable by your audience. If your brand deals with fashion and you want to talk about female clothing, make your content about females. This makes your contents more relevant to your target audience.
5. Tell stories in multiple formats
Your stories can be presented in the form of images, videos, infographics, live stream not necessarily in a written form. Most people don’t really want to read a long post. Try to be creative with your brand storytelling.
6. Create more keyword-rich evergreen content than time-specific content
In content creation, the need to use trending keywords might be great for the short run, but not ideal for the long run. Trending keywords might not be of great importance next year. An ideal content marketing strategy should make use of evergreen keywords.
7. Let them see behind the scenes
Your audience really needs to see that people like them are behind the brand. Try as much as possible to make them see this. Once in a while, include pictures of people behind your brand, share pictures of a day at work etc.
Brand storytelling is relevant to content creation. It brings engagement and growth to the brand if the story is well told.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.