Coconut oil is a carrier oil that is of great benefit to the body. A lot of people desire to get their fresh undiluted coconut oil, but this is a difficult task because the stores are filled with adulterated Coconut oil. How to make Coconut oil sounds complicated to a lot of people. Haven noticed this, I had to come up with a process of how to make Coconut oil at home.
It’s very cheap and simple. The only thing you need to buy is your coconut because you already have other things that will be needed.
How to Make Coconut Oil In Nigeria
- 6 Mature Coconut
- 2 Cups of clean water
- Chopping board
- Stainless steel pots
Note: 6 coconuts produce a cup of oil.
- Break your coconut open (to prevent injury, you can wrap it in a towel). You can smash it open with a hammer or a big stone which will require great strength from you. Pour the coconut water in a bowl (we won’t be making use of this).
- Scrape out the coconut meat (you can use a coconut scrapper, a sharp knife, a spoon or whatever suitable tool you have around you).
- Since the process of extracting a coconut can make the coconut come out in different shapes, put coconut meats on a chopping board or any clean and smooth surface you can use to chop your coconut.
- Wash chopped pieces of coconut and pour in a blender. Blend till its smooth. Add water if necessary.
- Pour blended coconut to a bowl through a sieve to remove pulp.
- Pour 2 cups of water in a pot and allow it to
- Pour the sieved coconut liquid into the boiling water and allow to cook for about 30 minutes.
- Pour in a container and allow to get cool. You can keep it somewhere devoid of disturbance.
- As it cools down, the oil would go up, separating itself from the other part of the liquid.
- Carefully pour out the oil to a separate container and you can’t help but notice how the aroma of the boiled coconut fill the
Your coconut oil can be used for almost everything that has to do with your body: for cooking, for the hair, skin, and a host of other things.
As you can see, How to make coconut oil can be as easy as A, B, C.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.