Chapman is a drink common at most Nigerian Parties. The first time I tasted Chapman drink was at a birthday party and it really tasted good.
Chapman can be made easily with ingredients around, safe for a few like Angostura bitters and Grenadine syrup. Some people don’t want their Chapman to be alcoholic, so they don’t add Angostura bitters, but hey! What’s Chapman without Angostura Bitters?
How to Make Chapman Drink In Nigeria
- Orange drink or 35cl of Fanta orange
- Lime drink or 35cl of Sprite drink
- 6 drops of Angostura bitters
- Half of a Lemon
- Ribena Blackcurrant juice
- Half a cup of Grenadine Syrup Or 2 cups Zobo ( Hibiscus leaves)
- Diced Cucumber
- Diced Lemon
- Diced Orange
- Fresh Orange
- Fresh Lemon
Steps on How to Make Chapman Drink
- Pour your Orange drink (or 35cl of Fanta orange) and Lime drink (or 35cl of Sprite drink) in a container. Make sure the drinks are chilled.
- Add half a cup of Grenadine Syrup to the container or 2 cups of Zobo. The Grenadine syrup gives it that unique chapman colour.
- Add 6 drops of Angostura bitters. You don’t want to make your chapman taste bitter.
- Squeeze in your Fresh lemon and orange into the mixture.
- Add your diced garnishing: orange, cucumber, lemon ( you can garnish with whatever fruit you want)
- You can top up with your Black Currant (Ribena) and add sugar (optional).
- Add your Ice cubes.
So here is how to make Chapman drink in Nigeria.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.